How to get started with Voscreen in 5 minutes
Have you sat down before to watch a movie in English?
You know the feeling. You’re excited to immerse yourself for a couple of hours in the language and culture.
But after a couple of scenes, your dreams of watching an entire film in English are shattered.
- You can’t follow the dialogue
- You think you’ve understood the plot but you’re not sure what’s happening
- What on earth is that character saying?
- You start to think – this is pointless!
Before long, the subtitles are back on and you’re finger is hovering over the off button.
You give up and decide watching films in English is just not for you.
But what if there was a way to immerse yourself in a whole variety of different films and TV series, without all this stress and frustration?
What if you could enjoy learning from films and developing your understanding with short clips?
Have you heard of Voscreen?
This is where VoScreen comes in. They’ve done the hard work of bringing together short clips from every type of movie or TV series imaginable. And organising them by level and grammatical structure.
If you don’t know this tool, you’re going to love my 5-minute video introduction to VoScreen. A free tool that you can get started with in just a few minutes.
I’ll show you:
- How to get started and why you should create an account
- How to use the paraphrase activity that’s built into VoScreen
- Should you use VoScreen in your own language or just in English?
- What other activities you can do, beyond paraphrasing
- Why you should close your eyes when using this tool
Over to you
Have you tried using Voscreen? What did you think? Has it helped you improve your listening skills? Let me know in the comments.
Blog post title image: https://stock.tookapic.com/photos/30194