Movies On The RunA digital listening pack to help you better understand fast-talking native English speakers through movie quotes in 2 weeks
Movies on the Run is a collection of 10 famous movie quotes and 100 bonus dictations to listen to and transcribe.
With each quote, you train your ears to catch features of connected speech that make it hard to understand native speakers when they speak in a fast, natural way.
Plus, you discover famous movies and the quotes that have become part of everyday speech and culture.
Who Is Movies On The Run For?
✅This digital download is perfect for you if:
* You struggle to understand fast-talking native English speakers in real life or on TV
* You love watching movies and TV shows
* You want to learn more about popular culture in English-speaking countries
* You want to fit in with native speakers – either because you live abroad (or plan to) or you travel a lot to English-speaking countries
* You have at least an intermediate level in English
* You don’t have much time in your schedule to devote to improving your listening skills
* You want a short, simple action-oriented experience that fits easily into your day and won’t require hours of your time
❌This digital download is not for you if:
* You already understand what native speakers say to you easily – go you!
* You don’t like watching movies and TV shows
* You don’t need to talk to or fit in with native-English speakers because you don’t plan to live abroad or travel to English-speaking countries
* You are a beginner or have a low-intermediate level in English (A1-A2 on the CEFR)
* You want personalised help with your English – this is a digital download, not lessons or a personalised programme
* You want a video course – this is a downloadable pack with audio and PDFs
How Does Movies On The Run Improve Your English Listening Skills?
You develop your listening skills in Movies on the Run by doing dictations, based on movie quotes and also common expressions you hear in everyday, conversational English.
The difference between doing dictations by yourself and doing them with the pack is that I give you feedback and explanations on what you didn’t catch.
This way, you start to train your ear to catch the difficult sounds of English. You know what’s tricky and what you need to listen for.
After using the pack you:
* can catch everyday expressions when native speakers say them quickly
* feel more confident when you go into a conversation with native speakers
* discover the most famous movie quotes in English-speaking countries – you can then use them in your own speech and catch them when native speakers use them in conversation
* feel better about yourself and your English having taken action to improve your listening
* have a watch list of movies to see (or see again if they’re old favourites)
* discover what you need to do to continue making progress with your listening
You can use the pack wherever and whenever you want:
While sipping on a latte in a café. 🥤In the park. 🌳On a walk. 🚶
By working through one quote and the bonus exercises each day, after 2 weeks, you’ll feel more confident in your listening skills and your ability to understand native speakers, whether you’re:
- having a conversation
- watching movies and TV shows
- listening to podcasts
What Do Other English Learners Say About Me?
Now I really feel more confident with this specific TV show: every Saturday, at the end of the week, I felt more and more confident with actors’ voices and expressions and I feel like I’ve practiced my listening skill in a relaxing way!
Giulia shares her experiences of Freedom from Subtitles in this short written interview. Click here to read it.
How Does Movies On The Run Work?
* You read through the instructions in the PDF booklet and start doing the dictations
* Compare your answer to the key
* Read and listen to my explanations so you understand why you couldn’t catch some words and sounds
* Do further ear training exercises to catch these sounds, based on common conversational expressions
* Discover more about the movies with links to movie clips, movie trivia and other quotes
Who Created Movies On The Run?
Hi, I’m Cara Leopold, online English listening skills coach. I help current and future expats and intrepid travellers improve their listening skills so they can understand native speakers when they talk fast.
When you can do that, you can fit in much more easily abroad and improve your English using what you hear.
I’ve been in France since 2007. Improving my listening skills has helped me better fit it with French people in conversation and has helped me sound more French.
I create products and programmes based around movies and TV shows as I love to watch them!
What is my investment for Movies on the Run?
Your investment is 35€ (+ VAT for EU customers)
The pack is a digital download. Once you’ve completed the purchase, you’ll receive an email to download the PDF booklet and the dictations. All payments are via PayPal.
I want Movies on the Run!
Awesome! All you need to do is click here to purchase the pack in my online shop.
If you have any problems, just send me an email and I’ll help you out: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund?
Do I get support from you?
Is this an online course?
About Cara and Leo Listening
Hi, I’m Cara Leopold and I help English learners who love movies and TV shows break free from subtitles so they can fall back in love with their favourite series or film and better understand spoken English in real life, where there are no subtitles.
Click here to learn more about my story and how I can help you.